Saturday, September 27, 2008

Blackberry picking

Our neighbors have some wild blackberry bushes that grow alongside our fence and hang tantalizingly into our back yard. One of favorite summer activities is propping up ladder and picking as many luscious berries that can be reached from "our side". I thought the season was pretty much over when I came outside last night and found Sam had scaled the fence on his own for a newly discovered bunch of ripe berries. They are so delicious freshly picked- warm, juicy, and sweet. I couldn't blame him for going after them, but had to curtail to the scavenging due to risk of bodily harm!

Sam wanted me to add here that he actually picked a lot more, but that this was all that was left from the bounty by the time I had gotten the camera out!

No comments: