Saturday, April 18, 2009

3 Months

Atticus has been with us for 3 months now. I'll try to not to wax too poetic about this milestone- we all know how fast time flies by, but it never seems to be more apparent than in the first few months of a baby's life. One minute ago I was nursing him for the very first time, amazed by his incredible softness and tiny features, and now he is this roly-poly little man who smiles so big and is learning to giggle.
After 7 years of parenthood, I know that the relationships we have with our children can be quite complicated at times. It is not always sunshine and roses. With a three month old, though, it pretty much is. Especially if your three month old smiles and sleeps as much as ours does! Now, don't get me wrong, Atti can scream with the best of them, but as long as I'm nearby with my magical milk, his fury is short lived.
Even on those crazy days- you know those days, when nothing seems to go quite right, Atti is there with his infectious smile, making everything just a little bit easier and a lot brighter.


No comments: