Friday, January 4, 2008

We're Back!

Hey there everyone! Happy New Year! Sorry it's been so long since my last post. The month of December was so busy and fun, there was hardly ever time to sit at the computer...plus, I just didn't much feel like it. There, I've said it. I will probably never be a professional blogger. Oh well.
I will try to get back into the habit of posting regularly again. Also, I must confess that I don't have very many pictures from our holiday celebrations. It sort of goes along with the not blogging- I just wanted to be present and really there with boys this year, not behind the camera or at the computer, writing about it. However, we had some wonderful guests this year for Christmas, and they all took a bunch of pictures, and I will hopefully be able to post some of those pictures here soon.
So anyway, the holidays were great. We all love the season around here and pretty much get right into the swing of things after Thanksgiving. Sam and I did a lot of crafting this December, which was so much fun. We had a great time together flipping through crafting books, deciding what to make, shopping for the necessary items, and then of course the assembly- most of which had to be done during Patch's scant nap times. (Trying to make anything that resembles something with an almost two year old is an exercise in futility.) Here are a few examples of the fabulous fruits of our holiday labors:

Toilet paper tube reindeer.


Wreath ornament made from pasta.

A beautiful beeswax candle Sam made at school and gave to Jeff and I.

And my personal favorite, the gum-drop Christmas trees. This one Elias actually assisted us with, although mostly he just helped us eat the extra drops...

I have lots more to say and even some more pictures to add, but right now, both boys are clamoring for my attention, looking so sweet and rosy in their pj's, and not so patiently awaiting their good night kisses.

No comments: