Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Quote of the Day

Elias and I were doing some curbside construction watching earlier today. He is (like most boys I know his age) pretty fascinated by all things big, loud, and mechanical. And if they happen to be dirty, all the better! So, we were watching the work for a while when one of the "'struction guys" came over with a pair of ear-muffs, explaining that things were about to get very loud and I may want to protect my little one's ears. Needless to say, this is now one of the highlights of Elias' whole life! We stayed for a looooong time (luckily I had some knitting with me!).
Anyway, so Jeff gets home in the evening and I'm helping Patch tell him the story of our construction adventure. "And then, what did the worker guy give your when it got real loud?" I prompt him. Patchie immediately clamps his hands over his ears and says, "Ear gloves!"

No comments: